Pages

Monday, July 6

Meatless Monday

We are currently in a quest to get healthier for the wedding…and for good, really.
Not that we are terrible eaters to begin with, but there can definitely be improvements. Being more prepared food-wise is our biggest challenge. We both work full time, somewhat stressful jobs and by the time we get him after picking the kids up, some days we are just plain tired. So we make quesadillas or PB&Js, and on the rare occasion…fast food.
But now that summer sports are over and the kids are all at one location for summer camp, planning dinner is a bit easier.
So tonight I made Eggplant Parmesan and Ratatouille. I typically will make one meal, but I’m trying to make Pure Barre classes the rest of the week, so I want to be on top of dinner.
A meatless dish is a rarity for us, mainly because LP is a manly man who likes protein in the form of some kind of animal with dinner.
Dinner was Eggplant Parm and it came out really, really good. I think I will work on ways to make it healthier, but so far, I’m pleased with it. The Ratatouille, which I taste-tested, was good, not great…so I added cheese and it’s much better. I think I’m going to try another recipe for that dish sometime in the Fall.
The kids went to bed early so they will be trying out these dishes tomorrow. Wish me luck! They tend to be a bit more difficult to win over when trying new foods.
Maybe Meatless Monday will become a thing for us and we can keep experimenting with various veggie dishes.
Mix up the kitchen a bit. Cooking alway relaxes me, so maybe this can be my Monday therapy.
Cheers! Time for wine & The Bachelorette!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik