Pages

Sunday, May 10

Letter to My Mom

Mom,

After 25 years I am ashamed to admit that I just realized what I am most grateful to you for. I have always loved you, I am sure you know that. I have always been grateful to have you as a mother and now as a grandmother to my kids. In both roles you have excelled and shown nothing but unconditional and undying love for your children and grandchildren. For most, that would be enough to be grateful for. Many are not blessed with such an amazing Mom. I am one of the very fortunate and lucky ones. However, this is not what I consider to be your best gift to me.

I am so very proud to be your daughter. To be raised in such a loving and accepting home. How could I ask for anything more? I am so grateful that I was raised in a home that never judged others. You never looked down on others for any reason and you surrounded us with people of all types. After a recent visit, I realized this. It really opened my eyes to how I was raised. It made me so happy that prejudice and racism was never present in our home. I hope that I am able to raise Kaitlyn and Aidan in the same warm, loving, accepting home.

Words really aren’t enough to express how thankful I am that I realized this. It came washing over me and I felt so blessed to have you as my Mother. Everything happens for a reason (as Grandma always told me) and I know that the past few days unfolded as they did so that for Mother’s Day I could truly understand how lucky I am to have you for my Mom. Seriously, what a blessing you are. In my life, my kids lives and everyone that is blessed with knowing you.
I wish I was there to hug you. I hope your Mother’s Day is wonderful and filled with joy.

I love you so much.


Photobucket

This post is part of a world wide blogging tribute to Moms led by TheBlogFrog

1 comment:

Holly said...

What a wonderful letter to your mom! I hope she gets to read it. I wanted to say thanks for submitting this post to TheBlogFrog's Mother's Day blog contest. We've got all the posts linked on the contest page and we'll pick our winning entry by tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day today.

Holly Hamann - Founder - TheBlogFrog

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik