Pages

Monday, September 13

stream of consciousness

I've had a mental block when it comes to blogging lately.

I'm sure there is much I could update on and lots going on in my mind, I just can't seem to focus when I sit down at the computer.

Parent-teacher conferences were Thursday night at Kaitlyn's school (which I plan on doing a whole post on).

This was our FIRST ever Parent-teacher conference.  To say it went well would be an understatement.  

We've always known that Kaitlyn was smart and motivated.  She's been that way since birth.  She did great in preschool and PreK (though we left 1/2 way through).  We were amazed at how well her reading skills developed over this summer.  

Well she is on level 3 reading at her school.  The school expects all Kindergartner's to be on a level 3 at the END of Kindergarten.  Her teacher expects her to be on a level 7 or 8, which would be on a 2nd grade level.

Wow!  

Matt & I were a bit amazed and of course, extremely proud.  She also exceeded expectations in every area in her Kindergarten class.  

I am so very proud of her, but at the same time I'm a bit overwhelmed.
I want to encourage the direction she's going, but I don't want to be too over bearing.  

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik