Pages

Thursday, November 26

Thanksgiving

Today was the first time I've ever spent Thanksgiving alone (other than with the two kids). And I have to say, it was a WONDERFUL day. We started the morning off with some hot cocoa. Bugga's first and he loved it! He definitely added "cocoa" to his vocab list today ;-) Then we had some blueberry muffins. Yummy!

After that, we all got dressed and headed to Food Lion to pick up a few things I had forgotten to get for our Thanksgiving Feast. Once we were home, we put on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (it's not Thanksgiving in our house without it!) and I started cooking. We had Turkey Breast (didn't buy a whole bird since it was just us 3), stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls & of course, Pumpkin Pie. We relaxed after an early dinner and watched a few movies.

Then, when it got dark, we loaded up in the car with some more hot cocoa and went in search of Christmas lights. I'm hoping to make this a family tradition. We only found one house that had lights though :-( Buuut, the kids did fall asleep in the car, so it was worth it.

I'm so thankful for having a wonderful day with my kids. It was simple, yet fulfilling. However, I'm ready for Matt to return so our next holiday won't be so quiet and easy :-)

Hope you had a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!
siggy blogger sophie

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik